Rob Doyle - Professional Fun Haver

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 28, 2010

    The Iron Curtain

    Its that time of the year again, actually before I continue I must explain something, this post will be apostrophe free, not because I choose to use bad grammar, but because a piece of minced meat has just snuck under the button on my laptop.

    I digress

    Its that time of the year again, the time when an Iron Curtain decends upon training rides, the fun summer rides are gone for another six month, and enter the cold depressing winter training, where no one talks, everyone just rides their bike.

    Although thats the rule, not the exception, and theres always exceptions. One of the funnest training session Ive had has been in winter, it was a couple of years ago with Rossco and Huddo. We were up at Bright riding in the snow and sub zero conditons, but we still had snow fights. I remember one of the rides, they decided to go cyclocross at the top of falls creek in the snow. They couldnt get their feet to clip back in and had to ride the decent at a snails pace.

    I really dont know where this post is going, Im bored, watching a tv show I have no interest in.

    Had some good training since Ive been back, yesterday we found some potatoes and then we threw them at the dogs that were chasing us...... yes I know that sounds crazy, and we should wrap our heads in al-foil, but it happened. On the weekend I ingested a shitload of caffiene to limp myself home from a ride, I limped pretty quick when it kicked in, it was about 350mg.

    Next on the calender, some race at warburton

    No comments: