Rob Doyle - Professional Fun Haver

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 19, 2008

    Tour of Bright

    Well, it's that time of year again, tour of bright time. Although this year has been a surprising different lead up. The past 3 years I've done this event it has been after a year of drinking and eating, and minimal bike riding let alone racing. This has to leave me quietly confident, well until cyclesport drops me in A grade, but I guess that to can be taken as a good sign.

    Lead up week was good, did some alpine kilometres with Cal, looking back it was maybe a few to many alpine kms, but it's all for the greater good. We also managed to set a new coffee to ride ratio, 4 minutes and 10 seconds. There was almost a second stop some 20 minutes after that, but it seemed somewhat excessive at the time. So we waited a further 20 minutes for good measure.

    Tour of Bright was good, feeling average the first day was bad. But it gave me a bit of confidence to think outside the box and challenge for the sprint king, something I wouldn't of previously considered, Ended up equal first. As we were riding down hotham at the end I think I can quote Cal in saying he would cry if I won. But it was not to be, countback went on GC (a new concept to me), but at least if you check the results on cyclesport it says I won.

    Can I claim that as a victory?

    No comments: