Rob Doyle - Professional Fun Haver

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, December 19, 2008

    ULN - Professional Development

    Saturday saw a return to melbourne, and a farewell to swordie and gemma back to shabangabang. It also saw one Rob Doyle try to pull some funky moves on the dance floor to impress. I guess looking back it was doomed right from the begining, and the ending well no one is to impressed with the guy who pops his knee out, pops it back in and then drives home with a handfull of ice down his pants.

    So with all this out of the way, it was time to get back in to bay series training and what better way to do that, than a training trip to Marengo (or merengo if you ask norris).

    This little town sits right next to apollo bay and has to be one of the most scenic beachy places I've been to. Not that im a beachy person, but I was impressed. After some minor direction issues from my host, like streets that were courts and a's that were e's I was finally there.

    And what better way to fit in, but to play a good old game of kings. Lach and I weren't drinking due to the 180km hell loop epic planned for the following day, but I will say that playing kings with water is hard. To the point of over hydration and broken sleep.

    All around was a pretty peaceful few days, even got time to watch the lads struggle with the modern technology known as fishing rods.

    No comments: