Rob Doyle - Professional Fun Haver

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 5, 2009

    There's not to much left to break

    I'm sensing a trend devolping, lets look back,

    Friday - Puncture
    Saturday - Puncture and Crash Near Miss
    Sunday - Dropped Chain

    What would monday bring? The correct answer is Saddle.

    From the begining, Today's stage was in Portarlington, about 30kms from Geelong, this gave us the opportunaty to skip the mornings training ride and just ride a longer route there. Last night we planned that today I'd take the rest day and try to be prominant for the first 20-30mins then pull the pin, with the major focus being getting BBB mentioned on the PA system.

    This was all going well, I managed to escape the group a few times and drive it up the straight, then about the 28min mark I decided to put the last big attack in. Matt Wilson had a 18 second advantage and a took a borderline dangerous line in the bottom corner (which Wilson overshot later on) to get to the front then kicked off the exit speed. I soon had a good advantage and was joined by Matt Renshaw, I just started to think that I was feeling good and might have a dig, then Crack, saddle snap. As soon as I realised what had happened it was a XC ride off the top of the course back to the tent, with my day over again.

    At least I'm not over doing it for nationals which start on thursday for me. Hopefully tomorrow goes better, I'm tending to say that alot.

    Must say a BIG thanks to BBB for the week, for replacing all the parts I keep breaking and for all the kit and the highly sort after BBB Impact Sunglasses. Also to Hayden and Vaughn our team managers and entertainment, Adrian for continually repairing my bike, Lachie for putting up with rooming with me again, Chris, Micheal and Adam for getting out there and smashing it up everyday, You and I ride for the team cars and support, PB nutrition for the race food and gels, and Bikesportz for putting it all together.

    I thought I'd leave you with our team motivational speech from yesterday

    I don't care how your Phelan,
    Even if your going to Chuck Norris
    Today we're going to Cause some Damage,
    Because it's Doyle Time.

    If you look at our team list you'll realise the totally corniness of it.

    Tomorrow nevers Dies, I now understand what that means.....

    DT

    No comments: