Rob Doyle - Professional Fun Haver

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 13, 2009

    the Time after Time

    With Nationals over and done with it was time to get out of racing mode, and time to chillax, practice my road bike monos and endos, do some "mad skids" down sturt and wash the mountie.

    Monday morning I woke up, sure this is nothing special in itself as I've woken up on mondays previously, But I woke up with nothing really to do at any certain time, so i thought I'd let myself go and had a date with a tray of chips cheese and gravy for breakfast. The feeling one gets from such an item is quite rewarding, until you try to move and you get that sudden rush of gravy and dairy heading skywards. I guess it was about then I was regretting the Big M i may of had with it too.

    This highly nutitious eating plan has summed up the time since nationals, its fair to say that if the same diet was forced on a child from a third world country, they would probably die. Lucky I burnt a lazy couple of thousand of calories on the weekend. not to mention the possible gizillion the week prior.

    King Damien Keirl has issued the challenge for me to make a return to the velodrome, as a result I thought I'd follow in the big mans training program and inhaled a Large McValue meal before mondays ride, It has never been so obvious that i dont have the build for track sprinting.

    It was good to see BSCC with some good coverage in the Courier, although a bit disapointing that Brad Clark didn't get more than a line for riding most of the M23 road race solo and taking the KOM title. I would say go congratulations to him, but he'll still be wearing the jersey next christmas so there's no real rush.

    As for actual riding its involved a few laps of the lake, riding anywhere near bunniyong is still a bit to traumatic for me, so i might wait a bit before I attempt it again.

    Thursday will see a return to some "real training" and the weekend may even see a return to the Time Trial Bike as Oceania's are only a month away and then I get to weeks off completely to do, well i'm not entirely sure, i'll keep you posted. Then it's new beginings!

    Good Night, You know you love me, GG, Gossip Girl......

    or not

    DT

    No comments: